MERIT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
APPLICATION AVAILABLE NOW
It is necessary for all scholarship applicants to attach the following to the application:
(A) Copy of the latest transcript showing courses completed through the 7th semester.
(B) Verification of student’s SAT and/or ACT results.
(C) Three personal references, one of which must be from the CVA member sponsoring the applicant. (Ensure name, address, and telephone number of the person making the reference is included in the reference)
(D)Applicant must complete a 250 word essay on (1) a currant event or (2) a patriotic theme.(This will help the selection committee evaluate your ability to think critically and communicate clearly on paper)
I. QUALIFICATIONS AND PERTINENT INFORMATION REGARDING THE CVA MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
1. The annual $1000.00 U.S.S. America Carrier Veteran’s Association Merit Scholarship is open to high school seniors who are children, step children or grand children (including those by marriage) of:
2. The scholarship can be used at a trade school, two- year community college, or four- year college or university.
3. The scholarship is designated for the 2021-2022 school year.
4. Scholarship payment shall be made to either the recipient directly or sent to the recipient’s school of choice. (Recipient’s discretion).
6. Applications should be sent to scholarship coordinator/contact person:
3310 Black Cherry Court
Long Pond, PA 18334
** Mr. Colon may also be contacted via e-mail at email@example.com
7. The scholarship winner shall be determined by the CVA Board of Directors. Announcement of the winner will be made to the recipient shortly after the selection.
8. Applications that are incomplete (required attachments not included), unsigned by applicant and CVA sponsor, or postmarked after May 1, 2021 will be disqualified, and will be eliminated from further consideration.